Okay so today after class I went to Shinjuku in order to meet up with my friend May-yi who I had met last year in the same summer program that I'm currently in. I didn't even know she was here, but I found out that she was here through another friend in the program. In any case, it turns out that she has been exchanging Japanese practice with English practice with someone that she had met while she was here for the summer, and since she will be leaving in a few weeks, she has been looking for a new language exchange partner for her friend.I had volunteered and so that's why I ended up going to Shinjuku to meet up with the both of them. I ended up going there a bit early in order to avoid the rush hour traffic and ended up futzing around in record shops for a while. Interestingly I happened to bump into a shop that specializes in products from Hiroshima, so I went in and browsed around for a while. I was able to pick up a few small bottles of Hiroshima sake as omiyage.
Meeting the two of them later, we went out to eat and spent dinner talking and having an enjoyable time. It was great to catch up with May-yi and to meet Masumi. She works as a voice actress and was very nice to talk to. We spent dinner getting to know each other, and when I return in the fall, I will probably be doing a language exchange with Masumi. Overall it was a great time and afterwards I made the long commute home by the Shonin-Shinjuku express train.
No comments:
Post a Comment